Another season, come and gone. As the last autumn leaves crunch and crumble underneath ...
- Make sure your landlord is complying with the law
- What is a gas safety check?
- Arranging Access for an appointment
- Please make sure there is clear access to
- Tenants penalty charges
- What if I own the gas appliances in my rented property?
- What to do if you think your landlord isn’t gas safe
- We are a trusted vetted and monitored company
Make sure your landlord is complying with the law
Your landlord has specific legal responsibilities when it comes to gas safety. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations require your landlord to have a gas safety check done by a Gas Safe registered engineer every 12 months. Ask your landlord for an up-to-date landlord’s gas safety certificate (also known as a gas safety record). This will show the appliances in the property have been safety checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
What is a gas safety check?
Faulty gas appliances and fittings and blocked flues can cause the following gas safety risks:
- Gas leaks
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
Plumbing on Tap based in Brighton and Hove is a Gas Safe registered company with fully qualified engineers, they will check the above are in good working order and safe to use. After the gas safety check, the engineer will give your landlord or letting agent a record of the checks carried out. Your landlord/letting agent must give you a copy of this gas safety certificate (also known as a gas safety record) within 28 days. If you are a new tenant, you should get a copy of this before you move in.
People living in rented accommodation may be at higher risk as they are often not responsible for the purchase or maintenance of their appliances. Many tenants are not fully aware of their rights when it comes to demanding annual servicing of appliances and ensuring they have a current gas safety certificate. It is also very important that tenants allow engineers access to their home as refusing entry means they are putting both themselves and their neighbours at risk. Those living in non-English speaking communities or with a poor understanding of English themselves can be at greater risk because of difficulties in understanding the information on the issue and a lack of awareness of the measures they should be taking to protect themselves.
Arranging access for an appointment
If a Gas Safe registered engineer visits you to safety check your appliances, it is in the interests of your safety to let them into the property. Always ask to see their Gas Safe Register ID card before letting them in. Once the landlord or letting agent has instructed Plumbing on tap to carry out a gas safety inspection we will try to arrange a convenient appointment with you the tenant.
Our appointments are Monday – Friday 8am -4pm, we assign our appointments within two hour slots to make sure the tenant do not have to wait in all day. We will make every effort to uphold all appointments, if circumstances beyond our control arise, we will also make every effort to contact you, in advance.
We leave informative voice mails to numbers that do not pick up. If we fail to get a call back from a tenant within 3 days we will send an informative SMS text with simple instructions.
The last resort will be a letter of action sent to the property address for the attention of the tenants. Gas Safety Inspection must be carried out by law and access to the property will be through the landlord or letting agency/management key.
When we arrange access via keys whether it is directly with a tenant or letter of action our Sussex based Plumbing on tap engineer will ring the bell and or knock hard before entering the property, once entered through the first door he will verbally call out “Plumbing on Tap”. This is to do as much as possibly to avoid any unexpected arrivals.
Please make sure there is clear access to
- The boiler
- Any gas Appliances
- The gas metre
- All rooms including bedrooms with locks need to be open
- Where possible the roof space
What if I own the gas appliances in my rented property?
If you own the gas appliances in your rented property, your landlord is not responsible for getting them safety checked, you are.
But, your landlord may still be responsible for the maintenance of the gas pipe work and any chimney or flue that serves your appliances. In which case, you and your landlord should arrange the gas safety check together.
What to do if you think your landlord isn’t gas safe
If you think that your landlord is not complying with the law you should get in touch with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Failure to follow gas safety requirements is a criminal offence and the HSE can issue a formal caution and may prosecute your landlord.
We are a trusted vetted and monitored company
Our team of Brighton and Hove plumbers and heating engineers are 100% trustworthy, constantly monitored and vetted. Plumbing on Tap are more than happy for the tenant to be present during works but in case the tenant is un able to be in and is concerned about letting a stranger into their home we would like to try our best to put every tenants mind at rest. We are apart of check a trade (LINK) This company has never had one complaint about any of our visits to any property and we are extremely proud of this.
Tenants penalty charges
If a tenant makes an exact time appointment and fails to be there without letting our office know 01273 723600 or email@example.com at least one hour before at the very latest you will be charged a call out fee. The reason for this is because our engineer will still drive to your property and for up to 1 hour try to gain access, call all the contact numbers available also the administration costs and time to re-book a call back. Your landlord is not responsible for paying call outs when problems are caused from simple user error by the tenant. An example may be not turning the power on, or not having gas or electricity paid on a pre-paid meter to supply the property.
Emergency Plumbing call out at short notice. Problem sorted quickly and efficiently. Excellent service.
Turned up on time, courteous, friendly, finished the job efficiently (boiler service), charged what I was quoted. Recommended.
Fantastic service from start to finish. Will defiantly recommend this company and use them again.
Quick response time which was great as water was pouring out from under my sink, very quick to fix the problem, tidy and courteous engineer, would highly recommend for anyone in need of a plumber, Top job.
Excellent customer service and knowledgeable tradesman. Work carried out with minimum fuss and felt comfortable from the word go.
Have used plumbing on tap for a new boiler and annual check ups. Very helpful and thorough would use them again and recommend to others.
Plumbing on tap have always been super efficient, I have never had to ask for something to be redone, and once they have the job I don't need to chase them which is handy considering I run a busy letting agency..
Fixed my kitchen tap, fixed a leak in my bath, dispatched a handyman to re-grout my bath. Excellent work. Very satisfied!!
Such a lifesaver!! They came out to us right away, and were very friendly and helpful and explained what was wrong with our boiler. Will definitely be using them in future again! Thank you so much!
Great company and highly recommended. Flexible to suit my busy schedule and came when I needed them too. Did a great job at a reasonable price; quick and efficient in the process and no hidden extras at the end. Would definitely use again.
A responsive time, good job at a fair price. That was all I asked for and that was what I got. So I am happy to recommend Plumbing On Tap, even if they did end up sharing the Hove Business Award for Best Professional Service, with me! Thanks aga...
Super great service today! Gavin installed my curtains and did a brilliant job, super friendly and lovely guy will defiantly use Ontap and highly recommend!
Excellent service, lovely people.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap is proud to offer Plumbing and Heating Services for Tenants in Brighton, Brighton is a large town located in the county of East Sussex in South East England.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove Unitary Authority which forms the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- In addition to Plumbing Ontap , Brighton attracts many of East Sussex’s leading companies.
- Brighton used to be called Brighthelmstone.
- The nicknames Brighthelmstone & Blightey are still commonly used.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean,Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Plumbing Ontap ‘s Plumbing and Heating Services for Tenants area in the City of Brighton and Hove also encompasses Hollingbury, Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak and Moulsecoomb.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap within in Brighton, Sussex accommodate Portslade-by-Sea, Saltdean, Ovingdean, Patcham and Rottingdean,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Westdene, Woodingdean, West Blatchington and Withdean.
- Last in order but nevertheless important, Plumbing Ontap ‘s Plumbing and Heating Services for Tenants cover the Brighton Municipality including Brighton Marina, Stanmer and Bear Road area.
- Brighton comes under the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are prestigious through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are most notable parks in Brighton and known through out England.
- Connecting Brighton to other major populations are the A23 road and A27 road.
- Bordering to the West of town of Brighton and Hove is Sompting, Worthing, Southwick, Shoreham, Littlehampton and Lancing.
- The town of Brighton is bordered by Lewes, Burgess Hill and Peacehaven to the East.