Another season, come and gone. As the last autumn leaves crunch and crumble underneath ...
Brighton Based Power Diverter Services
Free hot water for new and existing solar PV installations
Through initial development with the University of Brighton, the Power diverted provides free hot water from the excess electricity produced by solar PV rather than send it back to the grid. This is done through the existing emersion heater and can be fitted retrospectively to any solar PV system as long as you have a water storage tank. The system retails for £399 inc VAT plus fitting inc VAT. This system typically pays for itself within 1 to 3 years or between £14 to £34 per month on hot water bills. The Power diverted is fully designed and manufactured in the Newhaven, East Sussex.
Key benefits of Power Diverter
- Provides free hot water by using the excess energy from your solar PV system (this doesn’t impact on the payment you receive for energy returned to the grid which is 50% of what you generate irrespective of what you use personally)
- Quick and easy to install (just 20 minutes)
- Simple to use with boost button to top up hot water when required
- Great Return On Investment (ROI) and payback of just 1 to 3 years
- Designed and made in the UK – supporting UK innovation and business
Frequently Asked Questions
You can divert excess solar power straight into your water tank and other household equipment with the use of a power diverter. This gives you a steady supply of hot water all year round. With a special controller, you can even divert the excess power to your underfloor heating, swimming pool pumps, electric cars and solar batteries, and air conditioning units.
- Hot water on demand when you need it
- Easy and efficient use of your solar power
- Extendable 5-year warranty
- Quick and easy installation
- No additional wiring or plumbing required
- With flexible dual inputs, you can connect to your on/off-peak tariff supplies and ensure your hot water comes at the lowest possible rates
- Boosts hot water temperature automatically to protect against legionella
- You can schedule your hot water boosting as required with the 24/7 timer
- Deliver excess energy in all weather conditions with the variable power control
A diverter valve is a moving part that opens and closes to regulate the flow of heat. Since it is a moving part, it is bound to develop a fault at some point. Most diverter faults have to do with the valve sticking. Some of the indicators of a faulty diverter valve include lukewarm water from the taps and showers and having to leave the heating on. It is not advisable to try to fix this by yourself, instead hire the services of a qualified engineer who will run a fault check to see that all the controls are working properly as they should and to make sure that the problem is actually a faulty diverter valve. In some cases, the engineer might have to replace the entire diverter unit. In other cases, it might only be the diaphragm that needs to be replaced.
A qualified electrician will help you connect a power diverter to your electric hot water tank. It detects when there is excess power from your solar PV system and automatically diverts this power into your electric hot water tank. You will, therefore, needa solar PV installation before obtaining a power diverter. However, we can help you install a solar PV system if you don’t have one already in place.
A power diverter system is the most reliable and efficient energy storage system you can buy. Installing a power diverter does not in any way reduce your feed-in tariffs payments. Rather, it saves you money daily and fortifies your savings, because every unit of electricity diverted into your hot water tank is a saving in energy costs.
It stores energy from your solar panels and saves you the cost of buying expensive solar batteries. It converts your hot water tank into an efficient solar storage system for your excess solar energy, providing you with free hot water all year round. It also works on cloudy days, ensuring that you get the most value out of your solar PV system. It requires no additional wiring or plumbing and can be installed in as little as twenty minutes after which you can start storing energy in a very efficient and cheap way.
Emergency Plumbing call out at short notice. Problem sorted quickly and efficiently. Excellent service.
Turned up on time, courteous, friendly, finished the job efficiently (boiler service), charged what I was quoted. Recommended.
Fantastic service from start to finish. Will defiantly recommend this company and use them again.
Quick response time which was great as water was pouring out from under my sink, very quick to fix the problem, tidy and courteous engineer, would highly recommend for anyone in need of a plumber, Top job.
Excellent customer service and knowledgeable tradesman. Work carried out with minimum fuss and felt comfortable from the word go.
Have used plumbing on tap for a new boiler and annual check ups. Very helpful and thorough would use them again and recommend to others.
Plumbing on tap have always been super efficient, I have never had to ask for something to be redone, and once they have the job I don't need to chase them which is handy considering I run a busy letting agency..
Fixed my kitchen tap, fixed a leak in my bath, dispatched a handyman to re-grout my bath. Excellent work. Very satisfied!!
Such a lifesaver!! They came out to us right away, and were very friendly and helpful and explained what was wrong with our boiler. Will definitely be using them in future again! Thank you so much!
Great company and highly recommended. Flexible to suit my busy schedule and came when I needed them too. Did a great job at a reasonable price; quick and efficient in the process and no hidden extras at the end. Would definitely use again.
A responsive time, good job at a fair price. That was all I asked for and that was what I got. So I am happy to recommend Plumbing On Tap, even if they did end up sharing the Hove Business Award for Best Professional Service, with me! Thanks aga...
Super great service today! Gavin installed my curtains and did a brilliant job, super friendly and lovely guy will defiantly use Ontap and highly recommend!
Excellent service, lovely people.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap offers Boiler Power Diverter Installation services in Brighton, which is located in South East England, and a large town in the county of East Sussex.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove Unitary Authority which forms the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- In addition to Plumbing Ontap, Brighton attracts many of East Sussex’s leading companies.
- Brighton was historically called Brighthelmstone.
- The nicknames Brighthelmstone & Blightey are still commonly used.
- Brighton incorporates a number of villages and settlements including Aldrington, Old Steine, Bevendean, Black Rock, Brunswick, Coldean and Hangleton.
- Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb, Hollingbury and Hollingdean are included withinin Plumbing Ontap’s Boiler Power Diverter Installation service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap within Brighton, Sussex include Ovingdean, Patcham, Saltdean, Rottingdean and Portslade-by-Sea,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Westdene, Woodingdean, West Blatchington and Withdean.
- Last in order but nevertheless important, Plumbing Ontap’s Boiler Power Diverter Installation services cover the Brighton Municipality including Brighton Marina, Stanmer and Bear Road area.
- Brighton is administer by the BN postcode area.
- The Sussex University and University of Brighton are known through out the United Kingdom.
- Preston Park, Brighton and Queen’s Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Brighton is the starting-point of the A23 road and Intersects with the A27 road.
- Bordered on the West of City of Brighton and Hove is Worthing, Sompting, Lancing, Littlehampton, Southwick and Shoreham.
- To the East of the town of Brighton is bordered by Peacehaven, Lewes and Burgess Hill.