Although Winter has passed and we can now look forward to a warm Summer ...
Information for Landlords
We know as a Landlord it is imperative that when an unexpected problem occurs at one of your properties you can confidently contact a company that has a fast response time, high quality workmanship at affordable prices.
As you may know each tenanted property in the UK by law must have a Gas safety inspection certificate every 12 months.
Landlords choose Plumbing on Tap for many reasons
- We contact your tenants for you, arrange access with on time appointments or access with management keys.
- Job reports from site, from engineers & plumbers direct
- Full uniform and ID cards worn at all times.
- If your tenanted property has no heating and awaits a part we will loan out electric heaters free of charge until the boiler is working again so tenants are as comfortable as possible especially in the winter months.
- 100% recommended feedback
Recession-hit Brits could be putting their lives and homes at risk by carrying out dangerous plumbing DIY to save money, warns Gas Safe Register. New research has found that nearly 1 in 3 (31%) people would fit a gas appliance in the hope of saving as little as £60.
This is a concern for Plumbing on tap, three out of four people (75%) admit they would rather DIY than leave it to the professionals, but worryingly only 23% said they were any good at it. Plumbing on tap & Gas Safe Register advises that even if you think you are good at DIY, you should never work on gas. Only Gas Safe registered engineers can work on gas in your home – it’s the law and will keep you safe.
- Never DIY with gas appliances. Fitting a gas fire or cooker may look like a simple job but it’s not. Employ a Gas Safe Brighton plumber.
- Always use a Gas Safe registered engineer and check their Gas Safe ID card to make sure they are qualified to do the work you want them to do.
- Never block or cover air vents and flues. This could cause a build up of deadly gas fumes.
- Never attempt to remove back boilers and fires yourself. This could leave pipes and gas flues exposed.
- Don’t cover up gas pipes without treating them with wrapping tape or paint first as this could cause them to rot and leak gas.
- Know where your gas pipes are located so you don’t accidentally hammer or drill into them. Pipe detectors are available from most DIY shops.
- If you’re doing general building or having a shed, extension or conservatory built make sure your boiler’s flue isn’t blocked.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap is proud to offer Plumbing and Heating Services for Landlords in Brighton, Brighton is a large town located in the county of East Sussex in South East England.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove Unitary Authority which forms the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- In addition to Plumbing Ontap, Brighton attracts many of East Sussex’s leading companies.
- Brighton used to be called Brighthelmstone.
- The nicknames Brighthelmstone & Blightey are still commonly used.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean,Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Plumbing Ontap’s Plumbing and Heating Services for Landlords area in the City of Brighton and Hove also encompasses Hollingbury, Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak and Moulsecoomb.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap within in Brighton, Sussex accommodate Portslade-by-Sea, Saltdean, Ovingdean, Patcham and Rottingdean,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Westdene, Woodingdean, West Blatchington and Withdean.
- Last in order but nevertheless important, Plumbing Ontap’s Plumbing and Heating Services for Landlords cover the Brighton Municipality including Brighton Marina, Stanmer and Bear Road area.
- Brighton comes under the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are prestigious through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are most notable parks in Brighton and known through out England.
- Connecting Brighton to other major populations are the A23 road and A27 road.
- Bordering to the West of town of Brighton and Hove is Sompting, Worthing, Southwick, Shoreham, Littlehampton and Lancing.
- The town of Brighton is bordered by Lewes, Burgess Hill and Peacehaven to the East.
Related blog Posts
Sinks, tubs, toilets and the pipes that they’re connected to have a risk of ...