Does your central heating need a power flush?
Plumbing on Tap do not cut any corners on a powerflush! A full day is spent flushing the system and using the best chemicals. We clean through the central heating system pipe work and all central heating radiators at the property. Our Brighton plumbing specialists advise one radiator must be taken off the wall in order for the power flush to take place.
Power flush machine set up so water flows through the radiators and heating pipe work collecting all the iron oxide sludge, before reaching the boiler to minimise debris entering boiler heat exchanger.
Rust remover chemical (normally phosphoric acid based, an ingredient in Cola drinks and why a rusty coin is cleaned by Cola) is added and boiler turned on.
By concentrating flow through individual radiators and vibrating the radiators the rust spots are removed. One by one radiators, heating coils and all pipe work are power flushed with clean water until water samples show clean and neutral readings. Small amount of Neutraliser is added to compensate for residual chemical cleaner, then Rust Inhibitor is added and circulated throughout the system.
- Full system powerflush with chemicals
- Powerflush always done with new/upgrade boiler installs to comply with the manufacturers guarantee
Do you need a powerflush?
- Cold spots in the radiator usually the bottom area
- Noisy system
- Brown and orange water stains from the radiator
- Blocked system pipes
- Un even circulation of heat to the radiators
Benefits after having a powerflush
- Proven to increase the life of the boiler
- To help run the heating system quickly and efficiently
- To maintain a boiler warranty and guarantee