Customers switch their energy supplier for a number of reasons: because they are dissatisfied ...
Does your central heating need a power flush?
Plumbing on Tap does not cut any corners on a power flush! A full day is spent flushing the system and using the best chemicals. We clean through the central heating system pipework and all central heating radiators at the property. Our Brighton plumbing specialists advise one radiator must be taken off the wall in order for the power flush to take place.
Power flush machine set up so water flows through the radiators and heating pipework collecting all the iron oxide sludge, before reaching the boiler to minimize debris entering boiler heat exchanger.
Rust remover chemical (normally phosphoric acid based, an ingredient in Cola drinks and why a rusty coin is cleaned by Cola) is added and boiler turned on.
By concentrating flow through individual radiators and vibrating the radiators the rust spots are removed. One by one radiators, heating coils and all pipe work are power flushed with clean water until water samples show clean and neutral readings. Small amount of Neutraliser is added to compensate for residual chemical cleaner, then Rust Inhibitor is added and circulated throughout the system.
- Full system powerflush with chemicals
- Powerflush always done with new/upgrade boiler installs to comply with the manufacturers guarantee
Do you need a powerflush?
- Cold spots in the radiator usually the bottom area
- Noisy system
- Brown and orange water stains from the radiator
- Blocked system pipes
- Un even circulation of heat to the radiators
Benefits after having a powerflush
- Proven to increase the life of the boiler
- To help run the heating system quickly and efficiently
- To maintain a boiler warranty and guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions
A power flush can be installed quickly and at your convenience. After getting one, you’ll notice that your heating system is quieter, more efficient and heats up quickly. This is because there is unhindered circulation in the system, as the radiators provide consistent heat from bottom to top. Furthermore, the increased efficiency of your boilers can help save you up to 25% on your energy bills. This is more so, because running a routine power flush helps to detect any minor faults in your system and takes care of them before they develop into a larger problem over time.
You might already be aware that a power flush for your central heating system provides many benefits, including up to 25% reduction in your energy bills. You could also notice the following benefits after a power flush:
- Increased heating time: the problem of your central heating system lagging in the time it takes to heat up can be solved by a power flush. The delay in heating time is caused by the buildup of iron oxide deposits; clearing these deposits will allow water to flow around the system easily and therefore increase the heating time.
- Get rid of boiler noises: having deposits lodged in your boiler over time can lead to noisiness. However, a power flush will make your system quieter and more efficient.
- Increased efficiency of your central heating system: a power flush allows your heating system to be more efficient and prevents chances of breakdown.
When you notice any of the symptoms below, it means there could be corrosion or sludge in your system and a power flush would subsequently be required:
- There are cold areas at the bottom of your radiators
- Cloudy tap water (indicating the presence of limescale)
- When you bleed a radiator, no water escapes
- Hot pipes when the radiators are cold
- Excessive noise from the heating system, pump or boiler
- Heating becomes slow
- Boiler regularly requires restarting
- Discolored water from the radiators when bled
- Small leaks in the radiators
A qualified engineer can help you decide if and when you need a power flush, as well as alert you to any potential risks in your system. The materials used on your heat exchanger have much to contribute, with regards the likelihood of debris and sludge formation in the system.
It’s not uncommon for rust and other debris to deposit and form sludge in the boiler, radiators, and pipe work, as your central heating system ages over time. A power flush is a cleansing process which aims to remove these deposits. These contaminants seriously affect the efficiency of a heating system if left unchecked by causing blockages and corrosion, ultimately leading to a potential breakdown.
High strength cleansing chemicals – including a sludge breaker, corrosion inhibitor, and descaler – are rapidly circulated throughout the system during a power flush to clear away debris, limescale and sludge. This process is ideal in maintaining your central heating system and helps to boost the amount of heat that’s permitted from your radiators.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap offers Boiler Power Flush services in Brighton, East Sussex, a large town located in South East England.
- Part of the Brighton and Hove built-up area, Brighton is located in the City of Brighton and Hove, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- In addition to Plumbing Ontap, Brighton attracts many of East Sussex’s leading companies.
- Brighton formerly used to be called Brighthelmstone.
- The nicknames Brighthelmstone & Blightey are still commonly used.
- Brighton contains a number of settlements and villages including Hangleton, Aldrington, Black Rock, Bevendean, Coldean, Brunswick, and Old Steine.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Plumbing Ontap’s Boiler Power Flush service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap in Brighton, Sussex encompassRottingdean, Portslade-by-Sea, Patcham, Saltdean and Ovingdean,
- in addition to Brighton and Hove’s outlying urban areas Withdean, West Blatchington, Woodingdean and Westdene.
- Last but not least Plumbing Ontap’s Boiler Power Flush services cover the Brighton Municipality including Bear Road area, Brighton Marina and Stanmer.
- Brighton is administer by the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are famous through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Integral major roads in Brighton are the A27 road and the A23 road.
- To the West, the City of Brighton and Hove is bordered by Shoreham, Southwick, Littlehampton, Sompting, Lancing and Worthing.
- The town of Brighton is fringed by Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Lewes to the East.
Related blog Posts
Although Winter has passed and we can now look forward to a warm Summer ...
Sinks, tubs, toilets and the pipes that they’re connected to have a risk of ...