Customers switch their energy supplier for a number of reasons: because they are dissatisfied ...
Brighton Taps & Toilets Services
If your tap is constantly dripping or your toilet fails to flush properly, then one of our qualified and experienced plumbers can provide reliable repairs to ensure your tap or toiler is working properly. Plumbing On-Tap can also fit toilets and taps in your home.
Plumbing On-Tap is ready to work with you on all your toilet and tap installation needs. One of our trusted plumbers can fit or replace taps and toilets in your bathroom, as well as install new toilet seats. We stock the best available taps and toilets that are reliable and efficient. If we do not have a toilet or tap you are looking for in stock, we will order items to ensure we fit your bathroom with the right unit. Our plumbers are also happy to install any toilets or taps that you have already purchased.
If your toilet or tap is not functioning as it should, then Plumbing On-Tap is just a call away. From dripping or leaking taps, to blocked or improperly flushing toilets, we can assist you with all types of repairs. Our detail-oriented plumbers provide repairs to all toilets and taps, including any attached pipe work. In addition to replacing toilets and taps, our plumbers can also repair and replace damaged handles, siphons, ball valves, and pumps. Whatever the issue may be, our trained plumbers can assess and identify any faults to provide you with effective repairs.
Plumbing On-Tap’s service vans are stocked with common tap and toilet washers, replacement taps, and a range of tools and equipment to ensure quick repairs. Our plumbers aim to deliver clean repairs that minimise inconvenience to our clients. If using a toilet washer fails to repair your toilet or if a replacement part is not readily available, our plumbers will promptly order new parts to provide you with the speediest repair possible. Once they finish their repairs, our plumbers will provide you with helpful tips on how to keep your taps and toilets working perfectly to prevent future problems.
- Tap leaking
- Dripping Tap
- New Washers
- Tap service
- New taps install/replacement
- New toilet installation
- Toilet leaks
- Flushing problems
- Broken handle
- Ball valve
- Stop noisy sounds
- New toilet seats
Contact Plumbing On-Tap for all your tap and toilet needs!
If you are looking for a reputable and trusted plumber to repair or install your toilet or tap, considering Plumbing On-Tap. Our qualified team of plumbers are dedicated to providing our customers with courteous and professional service, and reliable workmanship. To obtain a free quote, simply call us on 01273 723600 (Brighton) or 01903 660093 (Worthing), or complete our online form for a no obligation estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When your toilet takes several flushes to clear, the first thing you should check is if the water in the tank is low. Adjust your float to increase the water level and ensure that the level is at least an inch below the overflow tube.
- It could be that the flapper closes too soon. Check the length of the chain. Adjust the chain slack to about a quarter to half an inch of slack.
- Check the fill tube between the fill valve and the overflow tube. The first flush will serve merely to fill the bowl while getting ready for the next flush, if the bowl is not filled prior to flushing.
- Finally, it could be that there is some material that is clogging the trap-way of the bowl, the trap, vent pipe or drain pipe and slowing the siphon action of the flush. Use a plunger, a toilet auger, a snake, or a blow-bag to unclog.
Toilets have an elaborate plumbing system which carries waste out of the home and often miles away to sewage and reclamation plants. In most cases, as a result of this complicated system, toilets tend to make a range of noises, with some being normal and others occurring due to the breakdown or malfunction of one or more parts. A groaning noise is often a common problem. It comes from a problem with the diaphragm in the bullock (fill-valve). This is the case even if the diaphragm looks like it is okay. It will not require cleaning or repair, but a replacement of the fill-valve diaphragm and an adjustment of the water level in the tank will solve the problem.
My shower pressure drops when the toilet is flushed, and it makes the water in the shower too hot. What can you do to help?
Mixer showers have difficulty controlling water temperature. When the toilet is flushed somewhere in the house, or a cold faucet is switched on, the cold-water supply is suddenly reduced. This means that a higher proportion of hot water is coming through the shower. The opposite is the case when someone turns on the hot faucet, causing the water from the shower to be freezing cold. This can be remedied with mixer showers that are plumbed into the wall and use built-in thermostats. These constantly regulate the temperature of the mixed water to ensure adequate temperature.
A dripping tap can easily be fixed through any of the following means:
- Change the cartridge or washer depending on the design of the faucet: turn off the water supply and drain the system. Pry off the cover of the faucet and remove the screw. Use an adjustable wrench to loosen the nut counterclockwise. Remove the headgear/cartridge and fit in a new one. Reassemble the tap and turn on the water supply.
- Grind the seat to stop drips: if, after you have changed the washer, the faucet still drips from the spout, it may be that the valve seat (the part pushed against by the washer) is worn. You could use a nylon liner to make a new valve seat or grind away a little of the metal to form a new, flat seat.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap is proud to offer Taps & Toilets Repair & Installation Services in Brighton, Brighton is a large town located in the county of East Sussex in South East England.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove forms part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- In addition to Plumbing Ontap, Brighton attracts many of East Sussex’s leading companies.
- Brighton was previously known as Brighthelmstone.
- Commonly used nicknames include Blightey & Brighthelmstone.
- Incorporating a number of villages and settlements, Brighton’s boundary now includes Aldrington, Old Steine, Bevendean, Black Rock, Brunswick, Coldean and Hangleton.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Plumbing Ontap’s Taps & Toilets Repair & Installation Services area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap in Brighton, Sussex are comprised of Patcham, Ovingdean, Rottingdean, Portslade-by-Sea and Saltdean,
- in addition to Brighton and Hove’s outlying urban areas Withdean, West Blatchington, Woodingdean and Westdene.
- Just as importantly, Finally yet importantly, Plumbing Ontap’s Taps & Toilets Repair & Installation Services cover the Brighton Municipality along with Bear Road area, Stanmer and Brighton Marina.
- Brighton comes under the BN postcode area.
- The Sussex University and University of Brighton are known through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are popular with local residents and known through out England.
- Infrastructure in Brighton relies on the A23 road nd the A27 road.
- The town of Brighton and Hove is bordered by Littlehampton, Shoreham, Worthing, Lancing, Sompting and Southwick to the West.
- The town of Brighton is fringed by Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Lewes to the East.
Related blog Posts
Although Winter has passed and we can now look forward to a warm Summer ...
Sinks, tubs, toilets and the pipes that they’re connected to have a risk of ...