Even though carbon monoxide is practically undetectable by normal means, if you smell gas, think that you gas line is leaking, or suspect that carbon monoxide fumes are escaping from any of your gas appliances, don’t take it for granted, take action immediately to protect your life and that of others in the house.
- Once you get a feeling there is a gas leakage, immediately turn off all naked flames and shut down your gas mains. The gas mains tap is usually located close to the gas metre.
- Open the windows and doors to allow in fresh air.
- Don’t smoke, light a match or use any electrical and electronic equipment that can cause a spark.
- If possible, get everyone out of the house.
- Quickly call our Gas Safety Certified Inspectors on 01273 723 600 to come and have a look at your home.
- Follow any advice our Gas Safety specialists give you on phone while you wait.
- Don’t light a flame until your house has been confirmed safe and free of gas.