What are Signs that Could Point to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon monoxide is tasteless, colourless and odourless, because of this, people may not be aware that they are inhaling the gas. However, carbon monoxide poisoning can be diagnosed by the following symptoms:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Loss of balance
  • Vision problems
  • Loss of memory
  • Breathlessness
  • Eventual loss of consciousness

If you suffer from an existing heart condition or breathing problem, you are more likely to be affected by carbon monoxide poisoning. Pregnant women and small children are also highly susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning. If the problem is not detected and resolved fast, it can lead to brain damage and even death. You are more vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning when you are asleep and may not notice the early symptoms until it is too late. It is recommended that you carry out regular checks for carbon monoxide poisoning in your home to avoid this silent killer.

Share this article

Leave a comment